Job Duties and Tasks for: "Plumber"
*Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
* Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
*Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
*Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
* Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
*Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
*Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
*Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
* Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
* Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
*Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
* Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
* Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
*Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
*Clear away debris in a renovation.
*Install oxygen and medical gas in hospitals.
*Use specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as performing computer-assisted welding of small pipes, or working with the special piping used in microchip fabrication.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should forward their cv to CV.maranathaconsult@gmail. Com or forward their names, phone number,post applying for to d number displayed b on advert not abiding to these rules and regulations may leads to total disqualified only shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for an interview