A cook prepares, seasons, and cooks all kinds of food to serve in a restaurant. He/she also order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or even plan the menu.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Washes, peels, cuts and prepares food designated for cooking.
*Packages batches of food.
*Cooks the orders by different customers simultaneously.
*Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
*Weighs, measures and mixes ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
*Operates large-volume cooking equipment.
*Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
*Orders and takes delivery of supplies depending on estimated food consumption.
*Portions, arranges, and garnishes food to serve.
*Coordinates and supervises work of kitchen staff.
*Consults with managerial staff to plan and price menus.
*Understands proper preparation techniques.
*Memorizes a large variety of recipes to ensure consistency.
*Knows the materials methods.
*He/she also must know equipments in food preparation as well as knowledge of food values.
*He/she must have the knowledge of menu planning, and uses for left-over food.
*Ability to take inventory and keep records of foodstuffs used.
*Gives significant assistance in planning menus for both banquets and regular meals.
*He/she also must be neat.
*Ability to perform mathematical computations in order to meet budgets.
Interested candidate must possess a minimum qualification of
*OND or NCE in any field
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to:
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09 — show phone
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted